What We Do For You
At Story Mountain, the focus is on creating meaningful collaborations that achieve and exceed your family history goals. There’s no one size fits all for family research, so there’s no standard service for everyone. We create custom packages to assist those who prefer a done-for-you solution as well as those who enjoy being hands on with their genealogy research.
These are some of the services we provide.
Genealogy: noun ge·ne·al·o·gy ˌjē-nē-ˈä-lə-jē also -ˈa-lə- also ˌje-nē- An account of the descent of a person, family, or group from an ancestor.
- Research of digitized records and also of original and microfilmed records in other repositories, such as courthouses, historical societies, cemeteries, historical books and newspapers
- Research and collect relevant vital records, census records, tax lists, maps, land records, DNA results and other data to identify multiple generations of your ancestors and where they lived
- Analyze family history facts, identify gaps and resolve conflicts in the data
- Prepare lineage society applications
Analyze Historic Legal Documents
- Review relevant historic probate documents, land records, contracts, bills of sale and the record of court proceedings
- Identify and review related documents that are oftenoverlooked
- Analyze historic legal documents for clues to previously unknown family history facts
Develop Defining Family Narratives
- Use the Story Mountain discovery map to visually organize family history data and memorabilia to reveal historical and cultural timeline for each generation
- Identify foundational story elements that highlight specific ancestors and their lives
- Create a story-based family history of strength and resilience that can be shared with a multigenerational audience